|This information is for men who are supporting their partner’s decision to continue with an unplanned pregnancy. If your partner is undecided about the pregnancy, you may find it useful to read our fact sheet Unplanned pregnancy - information for men.|
If you want to support your partner in her decision to continue an unplanned pregnancy it may be helpful to gather information about pregnancy.
- Ask for the Women’s publicationImportant Things to Know in Early Pregnancy and/or Birth Choices which provide information about health care during pregnancy, antenatal visits and any other supports that may be required at this time.
- The Government has a detailed website called Having a baby in Victoria -
- You can get advice from Centrelink on financial issues or seek advice from a Financial Counsellor.
- Ask your GP about your local maternity services.
- To enquire about adoption or other care arrangements contact the Department of Health (DHS) - http://www.cyf.vic.gov.au/adoption-permanent-care
|For more detailed information about adoption, visit the Better Health Channel website (see below) or contact Women’s Social Support Service at the Women’s.|
|For more information on unplanned pregnancy and abortion look at the Women’s website www.thewomens.org.au. Other websites such as www.childrenbychoice.org.au and www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au also offer comprehensive information on unplanned pregnancy and abortion.|
|To the best of our knowledge this information was current as of May 2010.|