This list is for women who are coming to the Royal Women's Hospital to have their baby.
- Own pillow (labelled) if desired
- Clothes for labour - old t-shirt, warm socks, old knickers and tracksuit for afterwards
- Oil, talc or lotion for massage
- Spray bottle (non aerosol) for cooling
- Toiletries - soap, shampoo, tooth paste, tooth brush
- Food, such as barley sugar, jelly beans, fruit bars
- Bathers and towel for bath and shower
- Coins for phone/parking meter
- Food - snacks, juice, special teas, celebratory drinks if desired.
Mother and baby
- Comfortable clothing, shoes (for daytime)
- Nightwear - dressing gown, slippers (footwear MUST be worn at all times)
- Nursing bras and nursing pads
- Baby clothes and blankets to take baby home in
- Infant car restraint (for day of discharge)
- Cotton balls or baby wipes
- Disposable newborn nappies (pkt of 32).
- If you prefer, you can use your own baby clothes in hospital.
- If you are planning to use artificial formula to feed your baby, please bring the formula of your choice, either a can or sachets.
- Please leave jewellery, credit cards and other valuables at home.
- Do not bring in large amounts of cash.
|Do not use mobile phones in the Birth Centre as it interferes with medical equipment.|
| 2.30pm to 8pm. Partners can visit between 8am and 8.30pm.|
|For more information visit the Patients and Visitors section.|
|The Royal Women's Hospital is a smoke free environment.|
|Last updated October 2011|