Maternity and Newborn Emergencies (MANE) program
Education for rural clinicians
The Maternity and Newborn Emergencies (MANE) Program draws together the clinical expertise of facilitators from:
- Maternity Services Education Program (MSEP), The Royal Women’s Hospital
- Paediatric Infant Perinatal Emergency Retrieval (PIPER) Service, The Royal Children’s Hospital
The program delivers specialised and tailored education to maternity and newborn care clinicians in level 2-4 Maternity Services throughout Victoria.
This multidisciplinary clinical education session is facilitated on-site within the hospital’s birth suite and clinical education area.
The purpose of the program is to build upon the existing internal clinical education and professional development in-situ at level 2-4 maternity services including Practical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training (PROMPT), through having ‘access to independent clinical expertise to help identify deficiencies in care and focus attention on opportunities for improvement’ – Targeting Zero (2016), recommendation 5.
Registration is open to doctors, midwives, nurses, paramedics and students.
CPD Points and Procedural Grants are available for attending this program. Download the 2018 MANE CPD Allocations document below.
Features of the MANE Program
- Simulated perinatal emergencies
- Provide external expertise to support internal PROMPT activities
- Practical workstations (Clinician Specific)
- Principles of teamwork resource management
- Site specific initiatives to improve clinical care and outcomes
- Clinical Governance Education and feedback to service
- Elective module selection to tailor the program to the learning needs of your organisation
2019 MANE Programs
The 2019 locations of MANE programs in Victoria are shown below. If you or your service would like to facilitate a MANE program in 2019, please contact the MSEP team for more information and dates.
|Central Gippsland Health Service, Sale|
|The Kilmore and District Hospital|
|Mansfield District Hospital|
|South West Healthcare, Camperdown|
|Colac Area Health|
|Terang and Mortlake Health Service|
|Wimmera Health Care Group, Horsham|
|Djerriwarrh Health Services, Bacchus Marsh|
|Cohuna District Hospital|
|South Gippsland Hospital, Foster (regional with Leongatha)|
|East Grampians Health Service, Ararat|
|West Gippsland Healthcare Group, Warragul|
Select the following link to participant feedback and photo gallery