Maternity and Newborn Emergencies (MANE) program
Education for rural clinicians
The Maternity and Newborn Emergencies (MANE) Program draws together the clinical expertise of facilitators from:
- Maternity Services Education Program (MSEP), The Royal Women’s Hospital
- Paediatric Infant Perinatal Emergency Retrieval (PIPER) Service, The Royal Children’s Hospital
The program delivers specialised and tailored education to maternity and newborn care clinicians in level 2-4 Maternity Services throughout Victoria.
This multidisciplinary clinical education session is facilitated on-site within the hospital’s birth suite and clinical education area.
The purpose of the program is to build upon the existing internal clinical education and professional development in-situ at level 2-4 maternity services including Practical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training (PROMPT), through having ‘access to independent clinical expertise to help identify deficiencies in care and focus attention on opportunities for improvement’ – Targeting Zero (2016), recommendation 5.
Registration is open to doctors, midwives, nurses, paramedics and students.
CPD Points and Procedural Grants are available for attending this program. Download the 2018 MANE CPD Allocations document below.
Features of the MANE Program
- Simulated perinatal emergencies
- Provide external expertise to support internal PROMPT activities
- Practical workstations (Clinician Specific)
- Principles of teamwork resource management
- Site specific initiatives to improve clinical care and outcomes
- Clinical Governance Education and feedback to service
- Elective module selection to tailor the program to the learning needs of your organisation
2018 MANE Programs
Below are the 2018 dates and locations of MANE programs throughout Victoria. If you or your service would like to facilitate a MANE program in 2019, please contact the MSEP team for more information.
|Swan Hill District Health||Weds 14th – Thurs 15th March 2018|
|Terang & Mortlake Health Service||Weds 21st – Thurs 22nd March 2018|
|The Kilmore & District Hospital||Tues 17th – Weds 18th July 2018|
|Portland District Health||Tues 21st – Weds 22nd August 2018|
|Maryborough District Health Service (regional with Castlemaine & Kyneton)||Tues 11th – Weds 12th September 2018|
|Western District Health Service, Hamilton||Tues 18th – Weds 19th September 2018|
|Yarrawonga District Health Service||Tues 23rd – Weds 24th October 2018|
|South West Healthcare Warrnambool||Weds 12th – Thurs 13th December 2018|
Select the following link to participant feedback and photo gallery