MSEP Online Program
The MSEP Online program has been developed to provide ongoing multidisciplinary education in rural and regional Victoria during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The aim of the program is that each clinician, on completion of the MSEP Online Program and competencies, is deemed competent to perform specefic maternity skills in practice.
Participants attending the program are encouraged to represent the multi-disciplinary team. Suggested participants include: midwives, registered/enrolled nurses, general practitioners (GPs), medical and midwifery students and other clinicians as appropriate at your hospital.
The MSEP Online Program
Included in the program :
- 2 hour theoretical presentation of online learning modules with an MSEP educator.
- Adherence to physical distancing and PPE requirements as per DHHS guidelines must be implemented at your site with regards to group size and location. We advise a maximum of 30 participants.
- 1 hour practical work station if required with onsite Educator and MSEP support
- Competency assessment as per organisation
Examples of available online learning modules
- Antenatal Care & Screening
- Abdominal Palpation & FH Auscultation
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
- Birth Centre skills e.g. ARM, FSE, Speculum Examination, Episiotomy, VE’s
- Obstetric Emergency Management e.g. PPH, Shoulder Dystocia, Cord Prolapse
- Escalation of Care
- Postnatal Care and complications
- Newborn examination for discharge
- Bladder Care
2020 MSEP Online Programs
|Horsham (WGHS)||25 September|
|Cohuna||6 or 13 October TBC|
|Horsham (WGHS)||19 October|
|Mildura||26 October TBC|
|Yarrawonga||December or January TBC|
Please contact us to discuss an online education package that can address the needs of your organisation.