GP continuing professional development
Drawing on expertise from clinicians leading Victoria’s Public Fertility Service, this session will provide GPs and Practice Nurses with practical knowledge about:
- the causes of infertility
- how to investigate subfertility in primary care
- the latest range of assisted fertility and fertility preservation treatments; and
- how to support patients to access treatment through Victoria’s Public Fertility Care Service.
When: Thursday 28 November, 6.30pm - 8pm
Register (or find out more): PHN North Western Melbourne website
Participants will be eligible for 1.5 RACGP Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
Victoria’s free Public Fertility Care Service is available to all Victorian residents and is not means tested. To find out more, please see Public fertility service.
The Royal Women’s provides free workshops to upskill in ImplanonNXT practice.
- This workshop provides the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skill necessary to safely insert and remove Implanon NXT through supervised simulated practice.
- Content includes clinical information, safe insertion and removal, indications and contraindications, and management of side effects.
- Suitable for doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and midwives. Opportunities for skill development in local anaesthetic administration are provided for nurses & midwives as required.
Bookings via: Eventbrite
Ticket Price: Free
For more information: See Practical ImplanonNXT training.
|Tuesday 28 November 2023||6:30 PM - 8:30 PM AEDT|
The Royal Women’s Hospital in collaboration with Bayer Women’s Health are offering education on the insertion of Intrauterine Devices (IUDs).
This IUD training will be run across two sessions – a theory component (online) and a practical simulation component (in person in a small group setting).
Please note that attendance at both sessions is required. There is no cost involved.
Sessions are run 2-3 times per year, based on demand. For more information or to registered your interest in the next session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Following completion of the simulation training, there are limited opportunities to undertake supervised training of IUD insertion at the Women’s outpatients contraceptive services.
Eligibility criteria and prioritisation will be restricted to Specialist General Practitioners with sufficient practice support and readiness.
Dr Giselle Darling, Women's Health Consultant at the Women's, provides this online webinar.
Over 90 minutes, Dr Darling provides a comprehensive overview of current evidence around best practice menopause management.
You will learn about:
- the symptoms of menopause
- pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies.
- Menopause Hormone Therapy (MHT) in detail including types, indications, contraindications, when to cease MHT, and important considerations of MHT in the context of previous or current breast cancer.
You can watch this webinar on YouTube.
Prof Marion Saville AM, Angela Steele, Dr David Wrede
Workshops held through the year
The Women's Alcohol and Drug Service (WADS) offers free statewide professional education and training and secondary consultation for GPs and other health professionals.
To view and register for upcoming sessions visit the Women's Alcohol & drugs education & training webpage.
Tuesday 10th August 2021
The aim of this session was to provide information on recent changes in acceptance criteria for colposcopy and the latest evidence for ovarian cancer screening.
This webinar discussed:
Date: 10th August 2021
Assoc Prof Orla McNally
Associate Professor Orla McNally, Consultant Gynaecologist Oncologist and Director of Oncology/Dysplasia clinic, Royal Women’s Hospital
Dr David Wrede
Dr David Wrede, Consultant Gynaecologist and Lead for Dysplasia, Royal Women’s Hospital.
The recording of this webinar is now available on YouTube:
The Women’s shared care webinars took place on the 16th and 23rd March 2021. The recording of both sessions are now available. Please click links below to watch the recordings:
The Women’s shared care workshops were held in September and October 2022. The recording of both sessions are now available. Please click links below to watch the recordings:
Dr Vicki Woodward and Dr Rachel Ryan: A recording of this session (two hours) has been uploaded to the website and YouTube channel and is now ready for viewing. On completion, you can self-record your attendance via your RACGP learning portal, and you will obtain three pregnancy-related CPD points.
Dr Peter Jurcevic. A recording of this session (1.5 hours) has been uploaded to the website and YouTube channel and is now ready for viewing. On completion, you can self-record your attendance via your RACGP learning portal, and you will obtain three pregnancy-related CPD points.