Childbirth education - Vietnamese
A series of 3 workshops being held in Childbirth Education/Physiotherapy classrooms on a Thursday from 10am to 1pm.
A Vietnamese interpreter co-facilitates the workshops with a midwife childbirth educator.
- Signs of labour
- When to come to hospital
- Progress of labour and birth
- Practical coping methods during labour
- Options for pain management
- Unexpected outcomes, such as emergency caesarean
- Importance of early skin to skin contact with your baby and the first breastfeed
- Breastfeeding benefits for mothers and babies
- The importance of the first breastfeed and skin to skin contact
- Normal newborn feeding behaviour in the first 48 hours and beyond
- Safe sleeping and settling
- Transition to parenting and relationship changes
- Relationship with your baby
- Community supports
A hospital tour is included.
Pregnancy and Birth - Vietnamese
Fact sheets about pregnancy and birth - Vietnamese language
- Pregnancy and Birth - Vietnamese