Refereed research publications - 2017
- Bennett, E. A., L. Newman, J. W. Burnside, B. Phatarfod, R. M. Thomas, A. R. Moodie, and M. J. Moore. 2017. 'Ending our shame: call for a fundamental reconsideration of Australian refugee policy', Lancet, 390: 552.
- Gilson, K. M., C. Bryant, and F. Judd. 2017. 'Understanding older problem drinkers: The role of drinking to cope', Addict Behav, 64: 101-06.
- Huang, S., K. Griva, C. A. Bryant, and P. Yap. 2017. 'Non-use of day care services for dementia in Singapore - a dilemma for caregivers', Int Psychogeriatr, 29: 455-66.
- Judd, F., and L. Newman. 2017. 'Commentary on RANZCP clinical practice guidelines for the management of schizophrenia and related disorders - Section on pregnancy and schizophrenia', Aust N Z J Psychiatry, 51: 287-88.
- Keenan, B. M., L. K. Newman, K. M. Gray, and N. J. Rinehart. 2017. 'A qualitative study of attachment relationships in ASD during middle childhood', Attach Hum Dev, 19: 1-21.
- Levis, B., A. Benedetti, A. W. Levis, J. P. A. Ioannidis, I. Shrier, P. Cuijpers, S. Gilbody, L. A. Kloda, D. McMillan, S. B. Patten, R. J. Steele, R. C. Ziegelstein, C. H. Bombardier, F. de Lima Osorio, J. R. Fann, D. Gjerdingen, F. Lamers, M. Lotrakul, S. R. Loureiro, B. Lowe, J. Shaaban, L. Stafford, Hcpm van Weert, M. A. Whooley, L. S. Williams, K. A. Wittkampf, A. S. Yeung, and B. D. Thombs. 2017. 'Selective Cutoff Reporting in Studies of Diagnostic Test Accuracy: A Comparison of Conventional and Individual-Patient-Data Meta-Analyses of the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 Depression Screening Tool', Am J Epidemiol, 185: 954-64.
- May, C. D., J. M. St George, R. J. Fletcher, I. Dempsey, and L. K. Newman. 2017. 'Coparenting Competence in Parents of Children with ASD: A Marker of Coparenting Quality', J Autism Dev Disord, 47: 2969-80.
- Moloczij, N., M. Krishnasamy, P. Butow, T. F. Hack, L. Stafford, M. Jefford, and P. Schofield. 2017. 'Barriers and facilitators to the implementation of audio-recordings and question prompt lists in cancer care consultations: A qualitative study', Patient Educ Couns, 100: 1083-91.
- Newman, L. K. 2017. 'Psychodynamic formulation in the era of the brain - towards integration', Australas Psychiatry, 25: 230-32.
- Newman, Louise, Fiona Judd, and Angela Komiti. 2017. 'Developmental implications of maternal antenatal anxiety mechanisms and approaches to intervention', Translational Developmental Psychiatry, 5: 1309879.
- Peate, M., S. K. Smith, V. Pye, A. Hucker, C. Stern, L. Stafford, C. Oakman, L. Chin-Lenn, K. Shanahan, N. Ratnayake Gamage, and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Assessing the usefulness and acceptability of a low health literacy online decision aid about reproductive choices for younger women with breast cancer: the aLLIAnCE pilot study protocol', Pilot Feasibility Stud, 3: 31.
- Peate, M., L. Stafford, and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Fertility after breast cancer and strategies to help women achieve pregnancy', Cancer Forum, 41.
- Quek, J., L. K. Newman, C. Bennett, M. S. Gordon, N. Saeedi, and G. A. Melvin. 2017. 'Reflective function mediates the relationship between emotional maltreatment and borderline pathology in adolescents: A preliminary investigation', Child Abuse Negl, 72: 215-26.
- Raniti, M. B., N. B. Allen, O. Schwartz, J. M. Waloszek, M. L. Byrne, M. J. Woods, B. Bei, C. L. Nicholas, and J. Trinder. 2017. 'Sleep Duration and Sleep Quality: Associations With Depressive Symptoms Across Adolescence', Behav Sleep Med, 15: 198-215.
- Simoneau, G., B. Levis, P. Cuijpers, J. P. A. Ioannidis, S. B. Patten, I. Shrier, C. H. Bombardier, F. de Lima Osorio, J. R. Fann, D. Gjerdingen, F. Lamers, M. Lotrakul, B. Lowe, J. Shaaban, L. Stafford, Hcpm van Weert, M. A. Whooley, K. A. Wittkampf, A. S. Yeung, B. D. Thombs, and A. Benedetti. 2017. 'A comparison of bivariate, multivariate random-effects, and Poisson correlated gamma-frailty models to meta-analyze individual patient data of ordinal scale diagnostic tests', Biom J, 59: 1317-38.
- Stafford, L., M. Sinclair, J. Turner, L. Newman, C. Wakefield, M. Krishnasamy, G. B. Mann, L. Gilham, K. Mason, P. Rauch, J. Cannell, and P. Schofield. 2017. 'Study protocol for Enhancing Parenting In Cancer (EPIC): development and evaluation of a brief psycho-educational intervention to support parents with cancer who have young children', Pilot Feasibility Stud, 3: 72.
- Tatnell, R., P. Hasking, L. Newman, J. Taffe, and G. Martin. 2017. 'Attachment, Emotion Regulation, Childhood Abuse and Assault: Examining Predictors of NSSI Among Adolescents', Arch Suicide Res, 21: 610-20.
- Thomson-Salo, Frances, Carl A. Kuschel, Omar F. Kamlin, and Rocco Cuzzilla. 2017. 'A fathers' group in NICU: Recognising and responding to paternal stress, utilising peer support', Journal of Neonatal Nursing, 23: 294.
- Thomson-Salo, Frances, and Campbell Paul. 2017. 'Understanding the Sexuality of Infants Within Caregiving Relationships in the First Year', Psychoanalytic Dialogues, 27: 320-37.
- Unkenstein, A. E., B. Bei, and C. A. Bryant. 2017. 'Enhancing memory self-efficacy during menopause through a group memory strategies program', Menopause, 24: 574-81.
- White, Jarrod, Louise Newman, Glenn Melvin, Lenore Manderson, and Katrina Simpson. 2017. 'Contextualizing post-traumatic stress disorder within culturally diverse groups: a comparison of Holocaust survivors and Sudanese refugees', International Journal of Culture and Mental Health: 1-11.
- Wiley, J. F., B. Bei, J. E. Bower, and A. L. Stanton. 2017. 'Relationship of Psychosocial Resources With Allostatic Load: A Systematic Review', Psychosom Med, 79: 283-92
One gift to the Women's will benefit many Make a donation today