Research Week 2019
The Royal Women’s Hospital Research Week 2019
Conference Room A
Ground floor, Royal Women’s Hospital
Research Week showcases the diverse range of clinical and translational research undertaken at the Women’s by our own research students.
This year our focus is on the Student Symposium which brings together clinical and scientific research students in women’s and newborn health.
Research Week also includes an early and mid-career researcher workshop, and an exciting keynote speaker.
Royal Women’s Hospital Research Week Awards
Best student presentation
- Undergraduate $500 (x1)
- Postgraduate $500 (x1)
Best student poster $300 (x2)
Student participation award $150 (x1)
Call for Abstracts:
Student symposium, Tuesday 19 November
Abstract submission opens 16 September and closes Friday 4 October.
Submissions are open to all students whose project is based at the Women’s.
- The abstract should be 400 words maximum (Arial 12pt font size) and should not exceed one A4 page
- Tables and images can be included, but the abstract should not exceed one A4 page
- The Abstract body should include: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Discussion. Please use the template provided (download from this page)
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed. Speakers chosen for the symposium will be notified by 1 November.
- This year, due to limited spaces, those who do not get offered an oral presentation, will be offered a poster presentation.
- Student prizes will be awarded on both the abstract and presentation.
- Submit your abstract by 5pm on 4 October to the submissions contact provided on this page
Poster and abstract submission opens 16 September and closes Friday 4 October. Staff and students can submit posters.
Have you presented your work as a poster presentation in the last 12 months? To highlight your work, resubmit your poster to research week.
To showcase the breadth of our research at the Women’s we will be displaying research posters. The poster will be displayed in the foyer of Conference room A over the two days of research week. Poster sizes will be A2 page format to due to limitation of space and to display the maximum number of posters.
- Posters format is size A2 page and laminated. The Royal Women’s Hospital will be printing the posters on your behalf.
- The abstract should be 400 words maximum (Arial 12pt font size) and should not exceed one A4 page.
- The Abstract body should include: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Discussion (please use the template (download from this page).
- Submit your poster online in pdf format.
- Student poster prizes will be awarded on people’s choice.
- Please note that staff are not eligible for the poster prize.
- Submit your abstract and electronic poster (pdf) by 5pm on Friday 4 October to the submissions contact provided on this page.