Graduate midwife applications
Applications for the 2019 program will open on 28th May 2018.
BMid and BNurse/BMid candidates must apply via Midwifery/Nursing Computer Match. Application requirements are clearly outlined on the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria website.
Applicants who have just completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery apply directly to the Royal Women's Hospital as per application details below.
Please follow the two step process below:
- Use the link to the Women's online recruitment site at the bottom of this page
- Login or register if you haven't done so already
- Find the graduate position/program you are interested in, and click on Apply Now.
Please note that you will need to apply for each of the positions/programs you are interested in.
- Cover Letter of application addressed to Stacey Gilbert (one page)
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees together with a clear scanned photo of yourself on the front page of your Résumé/(CV).
- Certified copy of transcript of results or interim results.
- Clinical Appraisals: Your two most recent certified clinical appraisals.
Applicants must request clinical midwifery referees to complete and return via email a Confidential Professional Reference Form to Clinical Education, at the Royal Women's Hospital (submission details included on the form).
NO faxed or mailed clinical reference forms will be accepted!
This web page will be updated regularly to keep you informed of the progress of applications. Please check back regularly.
Interviews for the 2019 graduate intake will take place in August/September 2018.
Once applicants have been short listed for an interview they will be contacted via email with a date and time.
Applicants will be required to bring their Working with Children Check with them as well as 100 points of identification for a police records check, 70 points of which must be either a current passport, birth certificate/extract or citizenship certificate.
Interviews are interactive and consist of a one to one interview, a group scenario and a clinical scenario. Interviews take up to two hours and include a welcome and introduction to working at the Women's.
Parking is limited and sometimes difficult to access at the Women's so please allow extra time for your trip if you are driving to your interview. Further information on getting to the Women's.
For enquiries about the online recruitment site, contact HR Enquiries.
For more information about the Graduate Midwife Program, email Clinical Education.