Midwifery Refresher Program
Midwifery Refresher programs are designed for midwives who have been out of the midwifery workforce for less than five years or who wish to transition to midwifery practice in the tertiary setting.
To be eligible to apply applicants must:
- Hold current registration (without conditions) as a midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- Meet the NBMA recency of practice requirements
- Meet the NMBA continuing professional development requirements
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Have the ability to commit to completing the program of study and clinical placement hours (ideally at 4 days per week for the duration of the program)
- Be confident using computer skills including the ability to learn and adapt to practice using Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Have the desire to work, learn and make a difference in complex tertiary settings
- Have the ability to commit to significant self study and learning in addition to the clinical placement and theoretical components provided at the Women's
Current RANZCOG Fetal Surveillance Education Program (FSEP) qualifications at Level 3 would be highly regarded.
Midwifery Refresher Programs are currently under development.
To express your interest in receiving further information on midwifery programs when they become available please email Clinical Education at the Women's.
Please note: This program is not suitable for newly qualified nurses or midwives. Applicants who have not consolidated their midwifery practice post registration or who cannot demonstrate a work history as a midwife in Australia are not eligible for this program.