Postgraduate Perioperative Education
The Operating Suite is part of Perioperative Services.
Perioperative Services at the Royal Women’s Hospital is a comprehensive dedicated department incorporating all aspects involved in surgical intervention for patients.
The following departments are included:
- Surgical Pre admission Clinic
- Booking Office
- Anaesthetic Department
- Acute Pain Services
- Operating Theatre
- Day Surgery Unit.
The Operating Suite provides surgical services 24 hours per day, seven days a week, and consists of seven (7) operating theatres including:
- one dedicated emergency theatre
- a ten (10) bay Post Anaesthetic Care Unit ( PACU).
Surgical specialties include obstetrics, gynaecology, urogynaecology, breast, and oncology.
To apply for the 2023 Postgraduate Perioperative course, you must:
- Be a registered nurse or hold a dual degree (registered nurse and registered midwife) with a minimum of one year post registration experience in an acute health care setting
- Be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- Meet the eligibility and entry requirements for post-graduate study (neonatal practice) through Deakin University. For further information, see the Deakin University website.
- Be able to work a minimum of 32 hours per week across all shifts (AM, PM, Night Duty).
How to apply
Applications for the 2023 course have now closed. Applications for the 2024 intake will open in June.
For more information:
- Anna Di Cosmo, Nurse Unit Manager, Perioperative Services 8345 3377