Pelvic Floor Unit
The Pelvic Floor Unit at the Women's provides multidisciplinary assessment and treatment for women with pelvic floor dysfunction.
Female pelvic floor dysfunction encompasses a variety of conditions such as urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and lower bowel problems, such as difficulty with defecation and anal incontinence.
- Recurrent UTIs
- Bladder pain, frequency, urgency, nocturnia
- Urethral structure, caruncles
- Voiding difficulties
- Interstitial cystitis
- Urodynamic assessment of urinary symptoms
- Outpatient cystoscopy for specific bladder problems
- A range of management options from conservative management to surgery
- Urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse that cannot be managed in primary care
- Urinary incontinence or for pelvic organ prolapse that can be managed in primary care
Outpatient clinics: Tuesdays 9am - 5pm
In your referral please include the following or the referral cannot be processed:
- MSU results
- Previous treatments for condition
- All investigations
- Mobility problems
Please complete and fax the Fast Fax Referral form
An acknowledgement letter will be sent directly to the patient and the GP will be notified. The patient will then receive a letter with the appointment details.