The Perineal Clinic conducts assessment of 3rd and 4th degree tears and acute healing issues between 6/52 and 6/12 post-delivery and anal/vaginal healing/perineal healing issues <6 months post-partum.
- Assessment of 3rd and 4th degree tears and acute healing issues between 6/52 and 6/12 post-delivery
- Anal/vaginal healing/perineal healing issues <6 months post-partum
- Manometry and ultrasound assessment of anal incontinence
- A range of management options from conservative management to surgery
- 3rd and 4th degree tears between 6/52 and 6/12 post-delivery
- Acute healing issues between 6/52 and 6/12 post-delivery
- For post natal checks
- Postpartum who have had 1st or 2nd degree tears
- Patients will not be seen in this clinic of they have delivered more than 6/12 ago.
Weekly; Wednesday PM
Triage staff may assign your referral to a clinic with a shorter waiting time and most appropriate speciality focus. More comprehensive referrals are usually seen more quickly. Triage may also depend on the degree of perineal tear, delivery date and place, if the patient is currently pregnant and/or symptomatic or if the patient is seeing a continence physiotherapist for a perineal tear.
Please complete and fax the Fast Fax Referral form
Appointment details will be sent directly to the patient and the GP will be notified.