Vulvar Disorders & Dermatology Clinic
The Vulvar Disorders and Dermatology clinic provides gynaecological and dermatological opinion and management of chronic vulvar disorders.
The clinic also uses physiotherapy to treat vulvar pain syndromes and also provides sexual counselling when required to patients.
- Dermatological assessment
- Gynaecological and colposcopic assessment
- Psychosexual assessment
- Vulvar biopsies
- Vulvar surgery organised
- Patients with vulvar itch, pain or abnormal appearance of the vulva. The clinic does not see children (children are referred to The Royal Children's Hospital).
- Pregnant patients of the Women’s with any dermatological condition
Weekly clinic Thursday from 1:30pm to 5:00pm
Surgical (in-patient) list monthly (Wednesday morning)
Triage staff may assign your referral to a clinic with a shorter waiting time and most appropriate speciality focus. More comprehensive referrals are usually seen more quickly. Please provide as much detail as possible on presenting complaint, pre referral management, outcomes, investigations and results.
Please complete and fax the Fast Fax Referral form
Urgent referrals are for patients who have:
- A chronic lump (growth) on the vulva
- A chronic itch (especially in one spot)
- A chronic ulcer
- An area of pigmentation or a change in colour of the vulva
Appointment details will be sent directly to the patient and the GP will be notified.
Use of topical amitriptyline cream in management of Dyspareunia due to provoked vestibulodynia - a double blind cross over placebo uncontrolled trial.