National Ovarian and Testicular Tissue Transport and Cryopreservation Service (NOTTCS)
The National Ovarian and Testicular Tissue Transport and Cryopreservation Service (NOTTCS) enables healthcare professionals from across the country to offer fertility-saving options to patients with extra resources and expertise from The Royal Women’s Hospital, Melbourne.
- Transporting, storing and preserving ovarian tissue, testicular tissue, eggs or sperm ahead of treatments that put the patient’s fertility at risk
- Regrafting tissue as and when needed
- Providing educational resources about fertility preservation to patients and healthcare professionals.
The process for this service is as follows:
- Local gynaecologists, urologists and fertility specialists would undertake surgeries for ovarian tissue harvest and testicular tissue extraction;
- The tissue would then be transported for processing at the Women’s and then stored at the Women’s and Melbourne IVF storage facility
- When the patient, together with their health care professionals decide they want to graft the tissue, the tissue will be transported back to the local unit – or they can have the grafting done at the Women's.
A significant part of the new service is educational resources, to assist with all aspects of fertility preservation – for both patients and healthcare providers. Resources include patient information (hard copy and electronic), information on referral pathways, and telephone or video calling with the team.
In addition, the fertility preservation co-ordination will be available for advice regarding resources, consultations and to organise the transportation and follow-up.
Patients that are going to undergo treatment that puts their fertility at risk.
Patient not deemed suitable for this service by oncologist or health care provider or patient does not wish to be referred
Clinician led triage
Please email The National Ovarian and Testicular Tissue Transport and Cryopreservation Service (NOTTCS) contact given on this page.
Please call The National Ovarian and Testicular Tissue Transport and Cryopreservation Service (NOTTCS) enquiries number.