Accreditation & affiliates list
More than 750 doctors and midwives are registered as shared maternity care affiliates with the Women's.
There is a joint accreditation and reaccreditation process with Mercy Hospital for Women, Northern Hospital and Sunshine Hospital.
Download a list of our shared maternity care affiliates (current as at October 2014).
Accreditation and re-accreditation as an affiliate
General Practitioners & Obstetricians
To apply for Shared Maternity Care affiliation for the 2014 – 2016 triennium at the Women’s Hospital, Mercy Hospital for Women, Sunshine Hospital and Northern Hospital, you need to complete an accreditation application form. The 2014-2016 triennium accreditation application form can be downloaded below.
Every three years, affiliates will be invited to undertake reaccreditation in order to maintain their accreditation. Reaccreditation criteria differ from initial accreditation criteria.
Re-accreditation requirements for 2014-2016 are:
- Current Medical Registration and Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Ten pregnancy related QI&CPD points, or
- Attendance at 2011, 2012 or 2013 annual half day Shared Maternity Care Workshop held jointly by the Women's in the current triennium
- Agreement to undertakings
Midwives seeking accreditation as a Share Maternity Care Affiliate will need to complete the accreditation application form for Midwives. The 2014-2016 triennium accreditation application form for midwives can be downloaded below.
Re-accreditation requirements similar to those for GPs are anticipated. Requests for further information should be directed to the Assistant for the Director of Maternity Services.
- Guidelines for Shared Maternity Care Affiliates (2010) - PDF (2.3 MB)
- CPD calendar 2014 - PDF (68 KB)
- CPD Registration Form 2014 - Word (493 KB)
- SMCA Affiliates listing by suburb - PDF (92 KB)
- Shared Maternity Care Affiliate Accreditation Application 2014-2016 - PDF (823 KB)
- Accreditation form for Midwives - PDF (289 KB)