Reproductive Services referrals
The Women’s provides specialist expertise in the following areas: infertility, endocrine metabolic, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), fertility preservation, HIV and assisted reproductive therapies, male infertility and infertility counselling.
Referrals for the following reproductive issues will be accepted:
- IVF - patients who have been trying to conceive unsuccessfully for more than 6 months
- Endocrine / metabolic – endocrine and metabolic disorders such as PCOS
- Chronic viral illness (CVI) – discordant couples wanting to conceive
- Fertility preservation
- Patients about to undergo chemotherapy, radiotherapy or immunology treatment and patients with premature menopause
- Patients about to undergo surgical procedures that may render them infertile or effect fertility
- Patients at risk of premature menopause through health or family history
- Counselling – for IVF patients undergoing treatment.
Referrals for the following will not be accepted:
- Reversal of sterilisation procedures - these procedures are no longer performed in the public hospital system. Options for this surgery continue to be available from private providers.
Essential information for referrals
The information listed below is required to appropriately triage your referral, to allocate women to a clinic and contact them. The form can be found at the end of this page. Referrals must contain:
- Date of birth
- Phone (preferably mobile)
- Medicare number (Health insurance details if no Medicare number provided)
- GP details – practice address and provider number
- Country of Birth
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status
- Interpreter and language required
- Special needs (e.g. mobility)
Mandatory clinical content
Please provide all relevant history, symptoms, signs, investigation results, medication and management and any reasons that identify your patient as high risk or in need of early hospital assessment.
Please see the Downloads list below for the Reproductive Services Fast Fax referral form.
Please check each individual clinic web page.
*Digital letter through the Parkville Health Hub, if patient has access. Otherwise will be sent via post.