Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Clinic
The Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Clinic at the Royal Women’s Hospital is run by a team of specialist gynaecologists with an interest in endometriosis, pelvic pain and its sequelae. The clinic also manages general gynaecological presentations including ovarian cysts and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
Tertiary gynaecology care is provided by a team of specialist doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and dieticians. Advanced laparoscopic surgeons work collaboratively with colorectal and urological surgeons when required for the management of complex endometriosis cases.
The clinic works closely with the Women’s Gynaecology Research Centre based at the Royal Women’s Hospital and affiliated with the University of Melbourne. Patients have the opportunity to be involved in observational and clinical trials focussing on improving the diagnosis and management of endometriosis.
- Specialist advanced laparoscopy for endometriosis and other pelvic pathologies
- Management of all stages of endometriosis, including where bowel and/or bladder involvement is present
- Investigation and management of pelvic pain, including both medical and surgical approaches
- Integration with and referral to the Chronic Pelvic Pain Clinic at the Women's
- Investigation and management of benign ovarian cysts
- Assessment of abnormal uterine bleeding with hysteroscopic and/or laparoscopic treatments
- Assessment and surgical management of uterine fibroids
- Transition of care from paediatric gynaecological services
- Gynaecology services for trans- and gender diverse patients.
The clinic operates weekly, with surgical operating lists multiple times per week.
Please include a copy of the patient’s recent pelvic ultrasound and cervical screening test results with the referral. Other investigations as per HealthPathways should also be included.
Please complete and fax the Fast Fax Referral form
An acknowledgement letter will be sent directly to the patient and the GP will be notified. The patient will then receive a letter with the appointment details.