Employees with disability
- Aboriginal employment
- Nursing & midwifery careers
- Medical Careers
- Allied health careers
- Corporate & support careers
- Work experience
- International applicants
- Employees with disability
The Women’s is committed to providing a work environment in which all staff feel respected, accepted and included.
We strive to be an employer of choice for people with lived experience of disability. Our Disability Action Plan outlines our commitment to:
- Ensuring recruitment and selection processes are inclusive and barrier-free.
- Attracting and retaining talented and skilled people with lived experience of disability.
- Building the capacity of our people managers to advance inclusive workplace practices.
Some of the ways we achieve these commitments include:
- Reasonable workplace adjustments
We choose the best person for the role. If you have lived experience of disability and are the best person for the position, we will make reasonable workplace adjustments so that you can perform the role, whether it be adjusting the work environment, work equipment, job design, work schedules or communications.
- Staff education and training
Our goal is to equip staff with the knowledge, information and resources they need to confidently support people with lived experience of disability and to continue building a culture of inclusiveness. For example, training developed in partnership with Women with Disabilities Victoria about disability and reproductive and sexual health is available to all staff.
- Engaging with our staff, patients and consumers
People with lived experience of disability are represented in a variety of committees and advisory and working groups. For example:
- Our Disability Advisory Committee consists of staff, patients and consumers with lived experience of disability. This group is a guiding force for how we can better engage with and support employees, potential employees, and patients with lived experience of disability, enabling us to adjust our policies, practices and systems to ensure they are accessible and inclusive.
- Our Disability Action Plan Staff Working Group consists of staff, including many with lived experience of disability, who lead or support delivery of our Disability Action Plan commitments.
- People with lived experience of disability sit on our Patient and Consumer Experience Steering Committee and Community Advisory Committee.
Please contact HR and ask for the Women's People Experience Manager, if you have lived experience of disability and are interested in joining the Women’s team.