Online childbirth education classes – pilot program
The Royal Women’s Hospital is now offering Childbirth and Early Parenting education as a Pilot Program, using video livestreaming for patients of the Women's.
This program will be offered using WebEx, an easy-to-use livestreaming platform. Participants will be able to access expert education and advice from the Women’s childbirth educators in the comfort of their own home.
There will be a number of programs during November and December 2020.
To be eligible to attend you need to be:
- Pregnant with your first baby
- Birthing at the Women’s
- Your due date must fall in January or February 2021
Talk to your midwife to see if you are eligible.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Signs of labour, including when to come to hospital
- Progress of labour and birth
- Role of the support person
- Practical coping methods during labour
- Medical options for pain management
- Assistance with birth
- Understanding breastfeeding
- Safe sleeping and settling
- Communicating with your baby
- Community supports for the family
To view dates and make a booking go to the Women's booking website.
Please choose your dates carefully as this program will fill quickly. It will not be possible to change your booking.