This program provides updates tailored to meet your team's needs, using the latest evidence-based information and guidelines influencing clinical care across the maternity continuum.
This is a collaborative program facilitated by Clinical Midwifery Educators from the Women's Maternity Services Education Program (MSEP), in partnership with other specialists from the Women’s and experts in the maternity field.
Online format: 2 - 4 hour program
Face-to-face format: Full day program.
Interested in co-designing a program with us? You can talk with our Clinical Midwifery Educators about a program that meets the needs of your service.
For bookings or more info, contact the Women's Maternity Services Education Program (MSEP):
Phone: (03) 8345 3920
Examples of available topics include (but are not limited to):
- antenatal care and screening
- abdominal palpation and fetal growth assessment
- family violence screening
- hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
- pelvic floor health.
- birth centre skills e.g. Artificial Rupture of Membranes (ARM), Fetal Scalp Electrode application (FSE), speculum examination, episiotomy, cervical assessment and Bishop score
- escalation of care
- obstetric emergency management e.g. vaginal breech birth, Postpartum Haemorrhage (PPH), shoulder dystocia, cord prolapse.
- breastfeeding and complications
- introduction to newborn examination
- pelvic floor and bladder care
- postnatal care and complications (mother)
- when things don’t go to plan (neonates)
- perinatal loss and bereavement care.*
*incorporating all stages of pregnancy, labour and post-partum.