Refereed research publications 2017
- Berkey, C. S., B. Rosner, R. M. Tamimi, W. C. Willett, M. Hickey, A. Toriola, A. L. Frazier, and G. A. Colditz. 2017. 'Body size from birth through adolescence in relation to risk of benign breast disease in young women', Breast Cancer Res Treat, 162: 139-49.
- Brennan, A., and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Gynaecological care after stem cell transplant: An overview', Maturitas, 105: 30-32.
- Chen, Y., M. Peate, R. Kaur, B. Meiser, T. Wong, J. Kirk, R. L. Ward, A. Goodwin, F. Macrae, J. Hiller, A. H. Trainer, and G. Mitchell. 2017. 'Exploring clinicians' attitudes about using aspirin for risk reduction in people with Lynch Syndrome with no personal diagnosis of colorectal cancer', Fam Cancer, 16: 99-109.
- Cohen, P. A., A. Brennan, J. L. Marino, C. M. Saunders, and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Managing menopausal symptoms after breast cancer - A multidisciplinary approach', Maturitas, 105: 4-7.
- Davies, M. J., A. R. Rumbold, J. L. Marino, K. Willson, L. C. Giles, M. J. Whitrow, W. Scheil, L. J. Moran, J. G. Thompson, M. Lane, and V. M. Moore. 2017. 'Maternal factors and the risk of birth defects after IVF and ICSI: a whole of population cohort study', BJOG, 124: 1537-44.
- Hammarberg, K., M. Kirkman, N. Pritchard, M. Hickey, M. Peate, J. McBain, F. Agresta, C. Bayly, and J. Fisher. 2017. 'Reproductive experiences of women who cryopreserved oocytes for non-medical reasons', Hum Reprod, 32: 575-81.
- Hickey, M., K. Riach, R. Kachouie, and G. Jack. 2017. 'No sweat: managing menopausal symptoms at work', J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol, 38: 202-09.
- Hickey, M., R. A. Szabo, and M. S. Hunter. 2017. 'Non-hormonal treatments for menopausal symptoms', BMJ, 359: j5101.
- Hickey, M., A. Trainer, S. Braat, M. A. Davey, E. Krejany, and J. Wark. 2017. 'What Happens After Menopause? (WHAM): protocol for a prospective, multicentre, age-matched cohort trial of risk-reducing bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy in high-risk premenopausal women', BMJ Open, 7: e018758.
- Ho, W. L. C., H. Bourne, D. Gook, G. Clarke, M. Kemertzis, K. Stern, F. Agresta, Y. Heloury, H. Clark, L. Orme, Y. Jayasinghe, M. R. Zacharin, Paediatric, and Melbourne Adolescent Fertility Preservation Task Force. 2017. 'A short report on current fertility preservation strategies for boys', Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 87: 279-85.
- Jamnadass, E. S., J. A. Keelan, S. N. Russell-Smith, M. Hickey, M. T. Maybery, and A. J. Whitehouse. 2017. 'Umbilical cord androgens and estrogens in relation to verbal and nonverbal abilities at age 10 in the general population', Plos One, 12: e0173493.
- Kim, C., S. Barnard, J. P. Neilson, M. Hickey, J. C. Vazquez, and L. Dou. 2017. 'Medical treatments for incomplete miscarriage', Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 1: CD007223.
- Kirkman, M., C. Apicella, J. Graham, M. Hickey, J. L. Hopper, L. Keogh, I. Winship, and J. Fisher. 2017. 'Meanings of abortion in context: accounts of abortion in the lives of women diagnosed with breast cancer', BMC Womens Health, 17: 26.
- Lee, Y. C., M. Bressel, P. Grant, P. Russell, C. Smith, S. Picken, S. Camm, B. E. Kiely, R. L. Milne, S. A. McLachlan, M. Hickey, M. L. Friedlander, J. L. Hopper, K. A. Phillips, and Cancer Kathleen Cuningham Foundation Consortium for Research into Familial Breast. 2017. 'Improved quality of risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in Australasian women at high risk of pelvic serous cancer', Fam Cancer, 16: 461-69.
- Li, N., Y. Jayasinghe, M. A. Kemertzis, P. Moore, and M. Peate. 2017. 'Fertility Preservation in Pediatric and Adolescent Oncology Patients: The Decision-Making Process of Parents', J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol, 6: 213-22.
- Marino, J. L., C. M. Saunders, and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Sexual inactivity in partnered female cancer survivors', Maturitas, 105: 89-94.
- Marshall, S. A., S. N. Senadheera, L. J. Parry, and J. E. Girling. 2017. 'The Role of Relaxin in Normal and Abnormal Uterine Function During the Menstrual Cycle and Early Pregnancy', Reprod Sci, 24: 342-54.
- Meiser, B., M. Peate, C. Levitan, P. B. Mitchell, L. Trevena, K. Barlow-Stewart, T. Dobbins, H. Christensen, K. A. Sherman, K. Dunlop, and P. R. Schofield. 2017. 'A Psycho-Educational Intervention for People with a Family History of Depression: Pilot Results', J Genet Couns, 26: 312-21.
- Meiser, B., W. K. T. Wong, M. Peate, C. Julian-Reynier, J. Kirk, and G. Mitchell. 2017. 'Motivators and barriers of tamoxifen use as risk-reducing medication amongst women at increased breast cancer risk: a systematic literature review', Hered Cancer Clin Pract, 15: 14.
- Ng, K. K., G. Rozen, T. Stewart, F. Agresta, and A. Polyakov. 2017. 'A double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled trial assessing the effects of nifedipine on embryo transfer: Study protocol', Medicine (Baltimore), 96: e9194.
- Peate, M., S. K. Smith, V. Pye, A. Hucker, C. Stern, L. Stafford, C. Oakman, L. Chin-Lenn, K. Shanahan, N. Ratnayake Gamage, and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Assessing the usefulness and acceptability of a low health literacy online decision aid about reproductive choices for younger women with breast cancer: the aLLIAnCE pilot study protocol', Pilot Feasibility Stud, 3: 31.
- Peate, M., L. Stafford, and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Fertility after breast cancer and strategies to help women achieve pregnancy', Cancer Forum, 41: 32-39.
- Pritchard, N., M. Kirkman, K. Hammarberg, J. McBain, F. Agresta, C. Bayly, M. Hickey, M. Peate, and J. Fisher. 2017. 'Characteristics and circumstances of women in Australia who cryopreserved their oocytes for non-medical indications', J Reprod Infant Psychol, 35: 108-18.
- Quinn, V. F., B. Meiser, J. Kirk, K. M. Tucker, K. J. Watts, B. Rahman, M. Peate, C. Saunders, E. Geelhoed, M. Gleeson, K. Barlow-Stewart, M. Field, M. Harris, Y. C. Antill, L. Cicciarelli, K. Crowe, M. T. Bowen, and G. Mitchell. 2017. 'Streamlined genetic education is effective in preparing women newly diagnosed with breast cancer for decision making about treatment-focused genetic testing: a randomized controlled noninferiority trial', Genet Med, 19: 448-56.
- Rogers, P. A., G. D. Adamson, M. Al-Jefout, C. M. Becker, T. M. D'Hooghe, G. A. Dunselman, A. Fazleabas, L. C. Giudice, A. W. Horne, M. L. Hull, L. Hummelshoj, S. A. Missmer, G. W. Montgomery, P. Stratton, R. N. Taylor, L. Rombauts, P. T. Saunders, K. Vincent, K. T. Zondervan, and Wes Werf Consortium for Research Priorities in Endometriosis. 2017. 'Research Priorities for Endometriosis', Reprod Sci, 24: 202-26.
- Skinner, S. R., J. Marino, S. L. Rosenthal, J. Cannon, D. A. Doherty, and M. Hickey. 2017. 'Prospective cohort study of childhood behaviour problems and adolescent sexual risk-taking: gender matters', Sex Health, 14: 492-501.
- Sousa, M. S., M. Peate, S. Jarvis, M. Hickey, and M. Friedlander. 2017. 'A clinical guide to the management of genitourinary symptoms in breast cancer survivors on endocrine therapy', Ther Adv Med Oncol, 9: 269-85.
- Subasinghe, A. K., Y. L. Jayasinghe, J. D. Wark, A. Gorelik, S. M. Garland, and D. Study Groups Young Female Health Initiative Safe. 2017. 'Factors associated with unwanted sexual experiences of young Australian females: an observational study', Sex Health, 14: 383-91.
- Unwin, L. M., I. Bruz, M. T. Maybery, V. Reynolds, N. Ciccone, C. Dissanayake, M. Hickey, and A. J. O. Whitehouse. 2017. 'Acoustic Properties of Cries in 12-Month Old Infants at High-Risk of Autism Spectrum Disorder', J Autism Dev Disord, 47: 2108-19
- Gynaecology Research Centre publications 2013 to 2017
One gift to the Women's will benefit many Make a donation today